Pipeline for a Herpes Cure
We track the timelines for preclinical and clinical study, formulation updates, and go-to market strategies with research teams globally.
The pipeline only includes teams with published data, and those with expressed interest of bringing a product to market. There is no other organization globally except Herpes Cure Advocacy, who are advocating, tracking, or keeping HSV advocates informed on the pipeline for a Herpes treatment or cure.
The original 1.0 edition of our pipeline was published on November 25, 2021 and continues to provide a critical service for advocates, industry, and research teams globally. Hundreds of visitors globally view the pipeline daily and it continues to be the most visited page on www.herpescureadvocacy.com.
Herpes Cure Pipeline 2.0
Pipeline projects include HSV cure or treatment research teams who have expressed intent of bringing a product to market.
Have a project to add? Email our team.
Changes of note:
- The tracker has been divided into sections to group research items by vaccine or treatment types
- Timing update to Harvey Friedman UPenn/BioNTech clinical trials to begin September 2022
- Timing update and reformulation for Xvax Vaccines to begin clinical trials 2024
- Shanghai Bdgene has been updated to reflect early success of Phase I/II trials in China (pending formal report) and that they are now seeking IND approval to begin trials in the U.S.
- SL Vaxigen’s “SL-V20” HSV-2 therapeutic vaccine has been added and reflects completion of recruiting for Phase I trial in Korea
- Blue Willow is now targeting 2022 or 2023 to start human clinical trials for their “NE HSV-2” therapeutic and prophylactic vaccine candidate
- Thyreos “R2” HSV 1&2 vaccine candidate has been added, but there are little details on timing of clinical trials
- AiCuris’ Pritelivir has been updated to indicate they are currently recruiting for Phase III clinical trials in the U.S. (they may be recruiting worldwide – we are trying to confirm)
- Heidelberg completed Phase II trial on their “HDIT 101” HSV 2 monoclonal antibody treatment
- BioPharma‘s “UB-621” now reflects three different candidates for their HSV-2 monoclonal antibody treatment
- Nanoviricide’s HerpeCide Program, which is antiviral treatment, now reflects multiple programs in process for HSV 1 & 2 and including HSV-1 keratitis
WE NEED YOUR HELP! Learn more about our fundraising goals and donate today.
Have a news tip? Are you working on clinical research for HSV treatments and want to share updates with the public? Let us know!
Never miss a thing. Sign up for emails.