Getting started with Herpes Advocacy
Step 1: Get Informed
- GET INFORMED: Study the Herpes 101 facts so you can speak to them in your advocacy. Read the latest news.
- Sign up for Herpes Cure Advocacy emails to receive the latest news.
Step 2: Use Your Voice for Change
- USE YOUR VOICE: Email, call, show up at meetings. Make noise early and often. Emails work. Phone calls work. Don’t underestimate the power of an email or phone call.
- ASK FOR CHANGE: A sample email is here. A list of stakeholders is below. Join the movement on social media.
- GET INVOLVED: Join the HCA volunteer task force. Apply to be a volunteer.
- You can view and participate in archived advocacy alerts by clicking here.
Step 3: Contact stakeholders
- CONTACT ELECTED REPRESENTATIVES: There is nothing more important than asking the government for change. Call, send an email or meet with your elected representatives and their Health Policy staff and ask them for change today. Ask for a meeting!
- CONTACT PUBLIC HEALTH LEADERS: Contact these key stakeholders in public health to ask them to prioritize Herpes cure, treatment and prevention. Ask for a meeting!
Step 4: Donate to support advocacy for a cure today
Want the latest news on herpes cure, treatment and prevention?
Sign up for emails to make sure you never miss a thing.
Success! You're on the list.
Whoops! There was an error and we couldn't process your subscription. Please reload the page and try again.
3 thoughts on “New HSV Advocates: A Starters Guide to Activism”
Necesitamos con urgencia la cura para el herpes tipo I y II y ya que muchas personas nos vemos afectados y deprimidos por la cantidad de brotes q aparecen y que los medicamentos antivirales no alivian las llagas , dolores, hormigueo q producen y lo peor esq nos sentimos desvastados por qué no existe aún cura para esta enfermedad que nadie merece(exigimos cura).
Let’s get the cure for everyone.