Current Herpes Cure Research at Fred Hutch Cancer Center

The reason Herpes Cure Advocacy was born, the Herpes Simplex Virus cure research at the Jerome Lab at Fred Hutch Cancer Center provides great hope.

Research at The Jerome Lab is on a sterilizing cure, developing a gene therapy to fully eradicate HSV-1 and HSV-2. So far, Dr. Keith Jerome and team has removed over 95% of latent HSV-1 in mice, effectively curing the disease since the remaining 5% of the latent virus remained inactivated.

Dr Jerome has now begun similar work to cure guinea pigs with a personal goal to start human clinical trials in late 2023. The ultimate goal as stated by him is to eradicate 100% of HSV-1 and HSV-2 in the body in a one-and-done treatment.

Guinea pig testing is underway and results are expected Q1 2022. Latest detailed overview of his gene editing approach to curing HSV by Dr Jerome. Also, a January 2021 Q&A update on with Dr. Jerome is here.

Further donations to support this cause can be made via: fredhutch.org/hsv



Have a news tip? Are you working on clinical research for HSV treatments and want to share updates with the public? Let us know!

Never miss a thing. Sign up for emails.

Processing…
Success! You're on the list.

2 thoughts on “Current Herpes Cure Research at Fred Hutch Cancer Center

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: